GOOP Digital careers
Current vacancies – Web Developer & Junior Graphic Designer
GOOP Digital has vacancies for a Web Developer and for a Junior Graphic Designer. Please read the job descriptions below and, if you fit the bill, submit your resume.
Web Developer – PHP/WordPress
GOOP Digital is seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, particularly creating custom WordPress themes.
An eye for design and attention to detail to complement your technical skills is also an advantage. Bonus points awarded if you have solid industry experience with e-commerce (particularly WooCommerce).
- have a passion for the web and love staying up-to-date with industry trends
- can develop WordPress themes from scratch and enjoy working with WordPress
- have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- have an eye for design and attention to detail that many developers lack
- must be able to attend our Newtown office during work days (sorry, no remote workers)
- be available to start work early in October 2017.
And, you must also:
- know your HTML and CSS
- be comfortable with supporting existing WordPress websites, including those you may not have developed
- be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- understand and carry out cross-browser testing
- be able to meet regular deadlines while maintaining a very high calibre of work
- possess excellent communication skills
- work well as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
- have an eagerness to join a team and a willingness to learn
- have a portfolio of current websites showcasing your experience with WordPress
At GOOP Digital we are:
- a leading provider of online marketing and website solutions for small to medium businesses for 10 years
- known for our strong ongoing client relationships and support
- proud to focus on small to medium businesses in regional areas across Australia
- results-focused, with the SEO knowledge to build websites that work
- very serious about what we do, with an expectation for high-quality work and efficiency from everyone – no matter their position or role
- a small business growing steadily and looking for the right people to help us grow even more, and grow with us too
- based in Newtown, Geelong.
Send us a list of WordPress sites you’ve worked on, and let us know why you think you’d be a good fit for Team GOOP Digital. Salary negotiable, dependent on experience.
IMPORTANT: This role is based in our Geelong office. Sorry to repeat this point but this isn’t a job for a remote worker so agencies, contractors and applicants based offshore need not apply.
Please send your application and resume to GOOP Digital general manager Bruce Lawson, brucegoop.com.au.
Applications close Friday, September 15.
Junior Graphic Designer
Are you an emerging graphic designer with a particular love of website design and eager to get a start in the industry? Do you love variety in your work, being busy and inspiring others? Do you want to work for one of Victoria’s leading web development companies? If you answer yes to those questions then GOOP Digital’s Junior Graphic Designer position might be exactly what you’re looking for. Read on to see if the rest of our criteria describe you and your ideal job.
A GOOP Digital Junior Graphic Designer has:
- the ability to transform clients’ concepts into attractive and functional website designs
- outstanding design skills, particularly with websites
- experience in the Adobe suite of design programs
- exceptional attention to detail
- enthusiasm for creating website designs
- enthusiasm for creating designs for social media, including profile images, cover banners and other artwork
- relevant qualifications
- the ability to work to tight and demanding deadlines
- outstanding time-management skills
- a willingness and ability to follow instructions
- the ability to work autonomously.
As one of our Graphic Designers, you will:
- work with our team to create designs that are original, user-friendly, visually engaging and reflect our clients’ brands and vocations
- create designs which clearly and easily communicate information and concepts
- inspire fellow designers with your ideas, abilities and work ethic
- help ensure our graphics work is of a consistent high standard
- juggle numerous projects at the same time and meet strict deadlines.
Email your application, resume and portfolio to brucegoop.com.au, attention to Bruce Lawson, General Manager, and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for Team GOOP Digital.
Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate, but please be aware this is a junior position.
NOTE: This position is based at our Newtown office and you need to be at the office every work day. In other words, it’s not a job for somebody hoping to work remotely so please don’t apply unless you can front up at the office each morning.