Geelong-based web development company GOOP is expanding and needs a full-time web copywriter and a full-time graphic designer to join our team. These are unique opportunities to join one of Victoria’s emerging leaders in website development as we grow and expand our business to clients across Australia.
We’re looking for a person with outstanding writing skills, broad general knowledge and the ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines. Experience writing search engine optimised-copy would be a definite advantage but not absolutely necessary. This role would particularly suit current copywriters, journalists, journalism graduates, public relations consultants, marketers etc.
Here’s what you need to work as a GOOP copywriter:
- Professional writing experience
- Broad general knowledge – you need to know a little bit about a lot
- An understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Experience with WordPress CMS an advantage.
Salary dependent on experience. We’re open for negotiation!
This role is based in our Geelong office and you need to front up at the office every day, so there’s no need applying if you want to work from home. Agencies, contractors and applicants based offshore also need not apply.
Please send your application and resume to infogoop.com.au and mark it to the attention of the General Manager.
Junior Graphic Designer
Are you an emerging graphic designer with a particular love of website design and eager to get a start in the industry? Do you love variety in your work, being busy and inspiring others? Do you want to work for one of Victoria’s leading web development companies? If you answer yes to those questions then GOOP’s Junior Graphic Designer position might be exactly what you’re looking for. Read on to see if the rest of our criteria describe you and your ideal job.
A GOOP Junior Graphic Designer has:
- The ability to transform clients’ concepts into attractive and functional website designs
- Outstanding design skills, particularly with websites
- Experience in the Adobe suite of design programs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for creating website designs
- Enthusiasm for creating designs for social media, including profile images, cover banners and other artwork
- Relevant qualifications
- The ability to work to tight and demanding deadlines
- Outstanding time-management skills
- A willingness and ability to follow instructions
- The ability to work autonomously.
As one of our Graphic Designers, you will:
- Work with our team to create designs that are original, user-friendly, visually engaging and reflect our clients’ brands and vocations
- Create designs which clearly and easily communicate information and concepts
- Inspire fellow designers with your ideas, abilities and work ethic
- Help ensure our graphics work is of a consistent high standard
- Juggle numerous projects at the same time and meet strict deadlines
Email your application, resume and portfolio to infogoop.com.au, attention to General Manager, and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for Team GOOP.
Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate, dependent on experience.
This position is based at our Newtown office and you need to be at the office every work day. In other words, it’s not a job for somebody hoping to work remotely so please don’t apply unless you can front up at the office each morning.
At GOOP we are:
- A leading provider of online marketing and website solutions for small businesses for more than seven years
- Known for our strong ongoing client relationships and support
- Proud to focus on small to medium-size businesses in regional areas across Australia
- Results-focused, with the SEO knowledge to build websites that work
- Very serious about what we do, with an expectation for high-quality work and efficiency from everyone – no matter their position or role
- Nice people (in case the previous point sounded scary, because we really are nice!)
- A small business growing steadily and looking for the right people to help us grow even more, and grow with us too
- Based in the Geelong suburb of Newtown.