Geelong-based web development company GOOP is expanding and needs a full-time web developer and a full-time graphic designer to join our team. These are unique opportunities to join one of Victoria’s emerging leaders in website development as we grow and expand our business to clients across Australia.
Web Developer – PHP/WordPress
Do you have current experience creating impressive WordPress websites? Are you a rising web developer with an eye for design and attention to detail to complement your technical skills? Are you eager to join a team and willing to learn? If yes, great! We want to hear from you. Read on to see if the rest of our criteria describe you too…
have a passion for the web and love staying up-to-date with industry trends
can develop WordPress themes from scratch and enjoy working with WordPress
have an eye for design and attention to detail that many developers lack.
And, you must also:
know your HTML and CSS
be comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite
understand and carry out cross-browser testing
be able to meet regular deadlines while maintaining a very high calibre of work
possess excellent communication skills
work well as part of a dynamic team
have a portfolio of current websites showcasing your experience with WordPress.
Bonus points awarded if you have industry experience, experience with responsive web design and e-commerce (particularly WooCommerce).
Send us a list of WordPress sites you’ve worked on, and let us know why you think you’d be a good fit for Team GOOP. Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate, dependent on experience.
This role is based in our Geelong office and you need to front up at the office every day, so there’s no need applying if you want to work from home. Sorry! Agencies, contractors and applicants based offshore also need not apply.
Please send your application and resume to infogoop.com.au and mark it to the attention of the General Manager.
Are you an experienced graphic designer with a particular talent for website design? Do you love variety in your work, being busy and inspiring others? Do you want to work for one of Victoria’s leading web development companies? If you answer yes to those questions then GOOP’s latest Graphic Designer position might be exactly what you’re looking for. Read on to see if the rest of our criteria describe you and your ideal job.
A GOOP Graphic Designer has:
- The ability to transform clients’ concepts into attractive and functional website designs
- High-level design skills, particularly with websites
- Extensive experience in the Adobe suite of design programs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven experience creating website designs, particularly responsive sites
- Proven experience creating designs for social media, including profile images, cover banners and other artwork which fits recommended dimensions to work on a variety of devices
- At least five years’ design experience and relevant tertiary qualifications
- A proven track record of working to tight and demanding deadlines
- Outstanding time-management skills
- Experience and ability managing and mentoring fellow designers
- The ability to work autonomously.
As one of our Graphic Designers, you will:
- Work with our team to create designs that are original, user-friendly, visually engaging and reflect our clients’ brands and vocations
- Create designs which clearly and easily communicate information and concepts
- Inspire fellow designers with your ideas, abilities and work ethic
- Be responsible for quality control to ensure our graphics work is of a consistent high standard
- Juggle numerous projects at the same time and meet strict deadlines
- Mentor other designers.
Email your application, resume and portfolio to infogoop.com.au, attention to General Manager, and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for Team GOOP.
Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate, dependent on experience.
This position is based at our Geelong West office and you need to be at the office every work day. In other words, it’s not a job for somebody hoping to work remotely so please don’t apply unless you can front up at the office each morning.
At GOOP we are:
- A leading provider of online marketing and website solutions for small businesses for more than seven years
- Known for our strong ongoing client relationships and support
- Proud to focus on small to medium-size businesses in regional areas across Australia
- Results-focused, with the SEO knowledge to build websites that work
- Very serious about what we do, with an expectation for high-quality work and efficiency from everyone – no matter their position or role
- Nice people (in case the previous point sounded scary, because we really are nice!)
- A small business growing steadily and looking for the right people to help us grow even more, and grow with us too
- Based in Geelong West.