Submit your resume
There are a couple of roles we don’t have vacancies for at the moment but we’d still like to hear from you because you never know when opportunity knocks. We’re always happy to receive resumes so we have prospective employees’ details on file and can get in touch as soon as another position arises. At the moment we’re particularly happy to hear from prospective Site Planners and Web Developers so please don’t hesitate to flick us your details and we’ll be in touch when something suitable arises. Please don’t submit your resume, however, if you’re don’t want us to keep your details on file.
GOOP Digital is adding to its team as we continue to establish ourselves as the leading SEO website developer and online marketing company in regional Australia.
Currently we’re looking for another Site Planner and that means we need somebody with a deep understanding of how websites work, the importance of website structure, components and content and the role keywords play in Google searches.
This is a job for somebody who already knows quite a bit about websites. If you’re not sure what SEO is or struggle with the difference between an e-commerce site, a stockist list, social share buttons and custom complex forms, for example, then this is not the job for you.
However, if you reckon you can fulfil the various points below, then we’d really like to talk to you.
If you’re a GOOP Digital Site Planner you should be able to:
Produce website plans to guide copywriters, designers and developers in the creation of SEO websites for GOOP Digital clients.
Perform all aspects of SEO research for GOOP Digital and its clients, consult on and implement all aspects of SEO, including:
- Keyword research to ensure delivery of latest onsite search engine optimisation techniques
- Optimisation of client websites
- Content planning and production to ensure search engine optimisation
- Recommendations for new content creation
- Use key analytics tools to track and measure SEO performance, test, tweak and constantly improve
- Link-building and content promotion
- Technical site auditing
- Measurement and performance reporting
- Research and analysis of competitor sites
- Utilise and make recommendations on techniques such as title and meta tagging, indexing, link building, keyword ranking and overall site architecture and content optimisation
- Collaborate with GOOP Digital team members for input on digital development
- Monitor and analyse client site performance and review tracking metrics to increase Google ranking
- Research and evaluate new traffic trends and identify new optimisation opportunities
- Assess search outcomes related to marketing campaigns
- Work closely with GOOP Digital team members to identify areas for growth and opportunities to improve SEO techniques and results
- Ensure a continuous stream of high authority links from relevant high authority sites
- Keep up to date and informed with changes in search engine rankings, new developments, Google algorithm updates etc.
You should also have:
- Demonstrated research abilities and experience
- Above-average general knowledge
- Above-average analytical and interpretation skills
- Attention to detail
- Above average communication skills (written, verbal, listening etc.)
- Proven background in client/customer liaison
- Sound IT skills
- Proven keyboard skills
- Ability to research key trends in website SEO/development/content
- Creative mindset
- Proven ability to take responsibility and work unsupervised
A GOOP Digital Site Planner’s role is a big job but if you think you’re up to the challenge then we’d better meet. Email your application to infogoop.com.au, attention to General Manager. We’ll negotiate with you about your salary, but the better you are, the more we’ll pay.
Like all our jobs, this position is based at our Newtown office and you need to be at the office every work day. In other words, this isn’t a job for somebody hoping to work remotely so please don’t apply unless you can be at the office bright and early each morning.
Web Developer – PHP/WordPress
Do you have current experience creating impressive WordPress websites? Are you a well-rounded web developer with an eye for design and attention to detail to complement your technical skills? If yes, great! We want to hear from you. Read on to see if the rest of our criteria describe you too…
A GOOP Web Developer:
- has a passion for the web and love staying up-to-date with industry trends
- can develop WordPress themes from scratch and enjoy working with the WordPress Content Management System (CMS) to build websites
- has an eye for design and attention to detail that many developers lack.
As one of our Web Developers, you will need to:
- know your HTML and CSS
- be comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite
- understand and carry out cross-browser testing
- be able to meet regular deadlines while maintaining a very high calibre of work
- possess excellent communication skills
- work well as part of a dynamic team
- have a portfolio of current websites showcasing your experience with WordPress.
Bonus points awarded if you have industry experience, experience with responsive web design and e-commerce (particularly WooCommerce).
Send us a list of WordPress sites you’ve worked on, and let us know why you think you’d be a good fit for Team GOOP. Email your application to infogoop.com.au, attention to General Manager. Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate, dependent on experience.
This position is based at our Newtown office and you need to be at the office every work day. In other words, it’s not a job for somebody hoping to work remotely so please don’t apply unless you can front up at the office each morning.
At GOOP Digital we are:
- A leading provider of online marketing and website solutions for small businesses for more than seven years
- Known for our strong ongoing client relationships and support
- Proud to focus on small to medium-size businesses in regional areas across Australia
- Results-focused, with the SEO knowledge to build websites that work
- Very serious about what we do, with an expectation for high-quality work and efficiency from everyone – no matter their position or role
- Nice people (in case the previous point sounded scary, because we really are nice!)
- A small business growing steadily and looking for the right people to help us grow even more, and grow with us too
- Based in the Geelong suburb of Newtown.